Oct 28, 2012

reliving continents

"An adventure is never an adventure when it's happening. Challenging experiences need time to ferment, and an adventure is simply physical and emotional discomfort recollected in tranquility".

- Tim Cahill

I don't really have much to say about these photos, I think they speak for themselves, and that's what I love most about photography.

One thing I do have to say: some photos from my trip to Zanzibar (Tanzania) in February, 2012.


At the airport




Local school in Stone Town


On our way to the city centre




Let me tell you the story about the hotel room. So since they booked us the wrong room, we ended up in the master suite, biggest room of the whole hotel. (Which was fine by me, of course.) But one of the best things about the whole trip: the room was the only room that had access to the rooftop. This awesome place made it possible for me to take self portraits whenever I wanted to, or to run and climb all the walls, trying to look inside of the 'outside showers' of other rooms (No one used them unfortunately, so no funny pictures.) Also, it had the best golden hour, although the sun fades a million times faster in Africa.

The hotel rooftop. One of the best moments.

The local beach

Local kids on the beach

When they took my glasses and I had to chase them to get them back.


1 comment:

  1. this is my favourite post by you. the smiling children, you on the rooftop - these are such honest moments that you captured and i love it.

    ReplyDelete