Jan 29, 2013

the road ahead and back - part 1

I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature. My attachments are always excessively strong.
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey


I spent the weekend heading up to Christmas with my cousins in a vacation park quite close to me. It's so funny to feel so far away from home, while you're actually just half an hour away. 

Between the couch hanging, watching my older cousin and his friend  play zombie-killing  and each other killing videogames and swimming in the subtropical pool, we also spent a lot of time hiking, exploring the woods and staring at the lake. (which my older cousin says is a pond, oh well) My cousin took most of the photos, mostly because he is awesome. I always love photographing with my cousin, especially when we actually get to think of  concepts and compositions together. It's the perfect collaboration.

Part two is coming  soon.

the pond behind our cabin








Simon




On our first night, we decided to go out for a walk. It was so dark on the roads that we decided it didn't make much of a difference if we went through the woods. That's when we ended up at another pond and experimented with the flash on my camera.







1 comment:

  1. I love the photographs and the editing (and your outfit is adorable)! Sounds like an absolutely lovely and fun time!

    ReplyDelete